Reiki Classes Orange County, Long Beach, and Los Angeles, California
Dr. Anne Reith is a Certified Usui Reiki Master/Teacher
NOTE: Although there are Reiki Masters who offer virtual/online Reiki classes, Anne personally does not find this to be as effective as providing in-person attunements. Therefore, at the present time, all of IMPART’s in-person Reiki classes are “on hold” until after the COVID-19 pandemic is behind us and we can find a new location to offer classes.
Click below to learn more about Reiki
- What is Reiki?
- Informative video about Reiki
- How does Reiki Energy work?
- What does Reiki feel like?
- Reiki, Christianity, and other religions
- How does someone learn Reiki?
- Levels of Reiki
- Reiki symbols
- Reiki attunements
- Reiki cleanses
- Are you interested in taking Reiki with Dr. Anne?
- How to locate a Reiki Master/Teacher if you are outside the Southern California area?
- For more information about Reiki classes through IMPART
Click below for information about Dr. Anne’s Usui Reiki classes in Orange County, California
Click below for general information about Anne’s classes
- Reviews & what Anne’s students have to say about her Reiki classes
- FAQs About IMPART Classes in Orange County
Reiki (“RAY-kee”) is a Japanese word meaning “spiritually guided life force energy.” It is an energetic healing technique that can be used alone or in conjunction with any form of medical, psychological, or therapeutic treatment.
This simple and yet profound healing technique can be learned by anyone and can be used on yourself, others, animals, and plants.
A Reiki healing can be done in person or sent from a distance. It can also be used to empower and cleanse objects (e.g., crystals) or areas (e.g., your home or office). It is totally natural and cannot cause harm!
- The form of Reiki taught at IMPART by Dr. Anne Reith is called Usui Reiki, which was founded by Dr. Mikao Usui in Japan.
- Anne also incorporates other healing modalities into her classes, including Tibetan Reiki symbols, Karuna Reiki®, pranic healing, Hands of Light, and much more!
Support is growing for Reiki
The World Health Organization and the National Institute of Health now recognize the remarkable effects of Reiki as energy medicine. This means that new opportunities are emerging for Reiki Practitioners in the more traditional and conventional areas of medicine. For example, Reiki is being offered through hospices, cancer centers, and hospitals, such as Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Additionally, nurses, massage therapists, athletic trainers, counselors, and professionals in many other fields can now receive continuing education credit for Reiki courses. Even the Mayo Clinic and the National Institute of Health now state that “85% of all disease in the body occurs because of an emotional unbalance due to our energies within.”
Larry Dossey, M.D., who is the author of The Extraordinary Healing Power of Ordinary Things, says, “Reiki is increasingly being incorporated into modern medicine because of one compelling reason…it works.”
As many know, Mehmet Oz, M.D., is a big supporter of Reiki. In addition to featuring Reiki on his television program, his wife is a Reiki Master. He has stated that, “The next big frontier in medicine is energy medicine.”
Reiki can be used very effectively with animals, as is beautifully displayed on this video involving the treatment of a wolf.
Reiki is a simple and yet powerful healing technique that works to balance the energy system of the body.
It is believed that when the “life force energy” (AKA: chi) within the body is balanced, this often leads to improvements in health, increased relaxation, and improved well-being.
- If someone’s “life force energy” is low or blocked, then they are more likely to experience “dis-ease” of the body, mind, or spirit.
- If it is high and flowing smoothly through the body (i.e., through the meridians), then the person will be more resistant to disease, resilient when dealing with emotional upset, and experience greater overall happiness and peace of mind.
This goal of balancing the person’s energy is similar to that of acupuncturists or acupressurists. However, with Reiki, the Practitioner does not necessarily need to touch the body; it can be done either “hands-on” or “hands-off.”
Because the “life force energy” that is channeled through a healer during a Reiki session comes from Spirit/God, it can never do harm.
However, because the energy is guided by God-consciousness, the Practitioner cannot guarantee a specific outcome. The energy is guided by God/Spirit to where it is needed on a physical, emotional, mental, and/or spiritual level. Receiving this “life force energy” during a Reiki healing session is always helpful, but the specific outcome is always determined by God and is for the highest good of the recipient.
What does Reiki feel like?
For the recipient, a Reiki healing is most often felt as warmth, although other sensations are commonly reported (e.g., tingling, light pressure, coolness). The most common outcome is relaxation. Increasing our level of relaxation promotes all types of healing.
For the Reiki Practitioner, the same physical sensations described above are very common when channeling Reiki energy. Because the energy is channeled through the healer, it will not deplete the energy of the healer. Quite the opposite . . . as the healer channels the “life force energy” through his or her body, the healer actually receives a healing, which typically results in improved health and well-being.
Although Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. You do not have to hold particular beliefs or give up any of your current beliefs in order to receive a healing or in order to learn how to use Reiki.
You don’t even have to believe that Reiki works in order for it to be effective. As long as the healer is willing to serve as a channel of the “life force energy,” then the energy will flow through the healer and to the intended recipient.
In fact, because the energy used during Reiki sessions comes from God, most people report that they become more spiritual and more connected with their personal religious beliefs after becoming a Reiki Practitioner. They often say that Reiki helps them feel God’s presence in their lives rather than simply having an intellectual understanding of God/Source/Spirit.
NOTE: For those wanting more information about how Reiki and Christianity complement each other, you are invited to explore the following website: www.christianreiki.org.
Anyone can learn and benefit from this amazing healing technique, and it has been taught to millions of people around the world!
In your Reiki classes, you learn how to serve as a conduit or channel for the “life force energy” (AKA: chi), which flows through you and into the person receiving a healing.
However, Reiki is not taught in a traditional sense (i.e., reading books, learning the concepts). The ability to serve as a conduit for the life force energy is an ability that is “transferred” to the student by a Reiki Master through something called an attunement (see later discussion). This transfer of ability is not dependent on individual talent or abilities, nor does it take years of practice. In fact, as soon as the transfer is complete (i.e., you have received an attunement), you are fully capable of accessing the Reiki energy.
Because of the breadth of information that needs to be covered and the power of the energy involved, Reiki is traditionally taught as a series of classes or “levels.”
At each level of training, the student (a) learns certain Reiki symbols (see later discussion) and (b) receives an attunement (see later discussion). The attunement activates the student’s ability to use the Reiki symbols during healings. At IMPART, each level is taught on a single day, for several hours each day (6-8 hours). However, some Reiki Masters will teach one level over several days.
Click on the link below to learn more about each level of Reiki:
One of the unique characteristics of Reiki is the use of Reiki symbols. Each level of Reiki includes learning different symbols, and these symbols are believed to enhance or strengthen the “life force energy” that is flowing through the Reiki Practitioner.
All of the traditional Usui Reiki symbols are taught during the Reiki courses offered through IMPART by Dr. Anne Reith. Additionally, several Tibetan Reiki and “non-tradititonal” symbols are also taught.
At IMPART, you will learn and be attuned to symbols with the following purposes at each level of our Reiki classes in Orange County/Los Angeles:
- Reiki I – 1 symbol
- Used to start the flow of “life force energy”
- Reiki II- 4 symbols
- Mental healing
- Emotional healing
- Past life healing
- “The Distance Symbol,” which allows you to send Reiki energy across distances or through time
- Reiki III – 4 symbols
- Balancing chakras
- Spiritual healing (2 symbols)
- Assisting souls to cross to the Light
- Reiki Master- 3 symbols
- All symbols used during the attunement process
The transfer of the ability to access “life force energy” is called an attuenment. Receiving an attuenment is often reported to be a profound spiritual experience.
The Reiki Master serves as a channel or conduit for the attunement energy, which is believed to activate the Reiki symbols within the student. Each attunement is guided by God-consciousness energy and is unique to the needs of each student.
Most of the time, the attunement will accomplish the following:
- Open, balance, and cleanse the chakras
- Widen the meridians within the body
- Raise the vibrational rate of the cells within the Reiki Practitioner’s body
- Create a special link between the student and the source of the Reiki energy
When a student is attuned to the Reiki energy, he or she will be joined at the spiritual level by at least one Reiki guide. This spiritual helper can be thought of as the source of the “life force energy” that is channeled during healings. The guide is always there for the Practitioner during the use of Reiki. With time and practice, you and your Reiki guide(s) will begin to work as a team to bring healing energy to the Earth plane.
Although most people simply feel very relaxed when they receive an attunement, some students report having psychic or spiritual experiences, including receiving messages from guides, seeing or hearing things, or connecting with past lives. The student may also feel a variety of body sensations during the attunement (e.g., warmth in the hands or other parts of the body, feeling lighter or heavier than usual, tingling in certain areas of the body). For 24-48 hours after an attunement, dreams are often reported to be more vivid. And as an added benefit, receiving an attunement often increases psychic abilities.
- NOTE: Anne recommends that all of her psychic development and mediumship students take Reiki because it often will “jump start” their abilities. The reason for this is that the attunements open up the same energy channels (i.e., chakras, meridians) through which psychic and mediumship information is received (e.g., clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, claircognizance).
The Reiki Practitioner’s attunements are life-long. They do not “wear off,” even if you go through very stressful periods or you do not use the energy for a long period of time. Although not necessary, some people do choose to be “re-attuned” because it feels wonderful. It is like receiving a high-powered healing.
Receiving an attunement will sometimes result in a cleanse, which is much like any “detox” that you might experience if you choose to fast or decide to, for example, complete a liver or colon cleanse through the use of herbs or certain foods.
Because an attunement is given to the student at each level of Reiki, a cleanse is possible at each level. The type of cleanse that is experienced tends to vary by level (e.g., physical cleansing with Reiki I, emotional cleansing with Reiki II, spiritual cleansing with Reiki III).
Any cleansing symptoms can occur either before OR after an attunement is received. However, sometimes as soon as you decide to take a Reiki class, your Reiki guide(s) will start the cleansing process in order to spread out the cleanse and allow you time to adjust.
Although some students report no cleansing symptoms at all, those who do, report symptoms such as:
- Physical (e.g., intestinal issues, flu-like symptoms, fatigue)
- Emotional (e.g., being emotionally-reactive, resurfacing of old sadness/anger/hurt)
- Mental (e.g., healing negative thinking or obsessions)
- Spiritual (e.g., healing relationship with God, issues related to past religious practices)
Anne compares a Reiki cleanse to cleaning out the pipes under your house. The attunement, in part, widens the chakras (i.e., drains) and meridians (i.e., pipes) in your body, which is done so the healer can be a better “channel” through which the “life force energy” can flow. But due to events in our lives, often there is unnecessary energy or “junk” that is stuck in our chakras and meridians that can inhibit the free-flow of Reiki energy. By widening them and then flowing the “life force energy” through them during the attunement process, that “junk” that has collected in our chakras and along the walls of our meridians gets flushed out, leaving us a clearer channel.
Although not always pleasant, everyone has reported that they are glad that they went through their Reiki cleanses. In addition to leaving the Practitioner better able to serve as a conduit for the healing energy, they also end up feeling better physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually after the cleanse is complete.
Are you interested in Reiki certification and/or taking a Reiki class with Dr. Anne in the Orange County or the Los Angeles areas?
As noted previously, although there are Reiki Masters who offer virtual/online Reiki classes, Anne personally does not find this to be as effective as providing in-person attunements. Therefore, at the present time, all of IMPART’s in-person Reiki classes are “on hold” until after the COVID-19 pandemic is behind us and we can find a new location to offer classes.
If you are in the Southern California area and would like to learn more about the Reiki classes that are offered by Dr. Anne Reith through IMPART, please visit the individual website pages for each Reiki class (see below). On each page, you will learn how to register for an upcoming Reiki class.
- Although everyone is required to complete the prerequisites for each level of Reiki, you do not have to complete the lower-level course(s) with Anne in order to take upper-level Reiki classes through IMPART.
- Click here to view Anne’s Calendar.
- Click here to read reviews of what Anne’s students have to say about her Reiki classes.
How to locate a Reiki Master/Teacher if you are outside the Southern California area?
ANNE: Add link to Directory????
If you are not located in the Southern California area, then start by identifying Reiki teachers in your area. Some options:
- They often will advertise online. Most reputable Reiki Master/Teachers will have a website, Facebook page, and/or advertise their classes through online social media sites, such as Meetup.com.
- They sometimes post notices at businesses, such as health food stores, new age bookstores, or locations that offer classes in psychic development, spirituality, or new age thought.
- Another way to locate a Reiki Master/Teacher is to contact Reiki Practitioners in your area and ask them if they would recommend their teacher.
Once you find several teachers, Dr. Anne recommends that you do your research. Explore information that is available about them (e.g., website, reviews). Read through the written information that they provide about their Reiki classes, which will likely give you an idea about their communications and teaching skills. If you cannot locate a Reiki Master/Teacher online, then you can call and ask questions about their Reiki training program.
Possible questions to explore either while doing research or when speaking with them include:
- Can you tell me about your background with Reiki (e.g., how long have you been conducting healings, how long have you been teaching Reiki)?
- Are there any prerequisites to your Reiki I class?
- How many levels of Reiki do you teach? (Some Reiki Master/Teachers teach only 3 levels of Reiki, which is a more traditional approach.)
- How many hours/days of instruction are required at each level?
- How much do you charge per level?
- What is the content of each level of Reiki, including which symbols will be taught?
- How much time is typically spent in lecture and practice during each level?
- Is a Certificate of Completion provided at the end of each class?
Throughout this research/conversation, be aware of how you are feeling. Does the teacher present information in a loving manner that is supportive and empowering? Does the instructor appear to be knowledgeable about Reiki and have adequate experience to be a competent teacher?
Be sure to ask Spirit to guide you to the right teacher. Above all, listen to your heart!
Feel free to contact us today by email (Anne@AnneReith.com) or call us at (714) 599-0017.
Visit our Facebook page to receive Anne Reith’s daily inspirational quotes and announcements.
By Anne Reith, Ph.D.