I find it an amazing gift to assist souls to cross to the light. When someone dies, their soul may choose to not cross to the light, usually because they are concerned about loved ones who will be left behind. Their guides continue to encourage them to cross to the light; however, after a period of time passes, they may need help from someone on the Earth plane.
What I find is that a soul that hasn’t yet crossed to the light feels more of a kinship with those who are living than to those who are on the other side of the veil (e.g., guides, deceased loved ones). They often need permission and encouragement to leave this dimension and go “home” to the light. We, as Lightworkers, can help them do this.
Notes about the following procedures
- This process is very simple and usually takes only a few minutes.
- This can be done in groups or when alone.
- The following steps can be used if you feel the soul is located near you or if the think the soul is in a different location. Distance doesn’t matter when doing spiritual work.
- There are MANY ways to help souls cross to the light. The following directions are simply suggestions. If you have your own method, feel free to use it.
- There is no obligation that you do this. See below for information about what to do if you’d prefer not to do this service
Directions for assisting souls to the light
- Take a moment to quiet yourself. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Ask your guides to be present. Ask for their help and then tell your guides that you are only willing to connect with entities that are of the light or souls that haven’t yet crossed to the light and that are ready to do so.
- Imagine a white light above you that’s whiter and brighter than anything you’ve ever seen on the Earth plane. Pull that white light down through your crown chakra (top of your head) and let it flow down through your body.
- Send a stream of that white light out your 3rd eye, heart chakra, or palms of your hands. Send it out in front of you. Imagine it elongating until it becomes a column or vortex of bright swirling light.
- Either aloud or silently to yourself, ask if there’s anyone in the area who would like to go to the light. (BTW: You don’t need to wait for an answer . . . you are simply putting out a call to those who are ready.) OR if you know who the soul is who needs assistance and/or where the soul might be located, you can be specific. But this information is not necessary. Spirit knows your intentions.
- Tell the soul(s) to look around for a little spot of light. Tell them that the light can be any color . . . white, yellow, pink, purple, blue. Tell them that if there are multiple lights, they should go toward the brightest of these lights or the one that feels right to them.
- Tell them to start moving toward the light.
- Reassure them that once they have crossed to the light, they may come back and visit at any time.
- Reassure them that the light is our home when we are no longer in a physical body.
- Reassure them that there is nothing to fear in the light and that there is only love, healing, forgiveness, and compassion in the light.
- Tell them that as they move toward the light, the light will get larger and brighter. Explain that they may also feel gently pulled toward the light. Reassure them that this pulling sensation is nothing to be afraid of . . . it is just the other side calling them “home.”
- And then tell them that as they draw closer to the light they may see movement within the light that begins to take form as people or animals that they have known in their last lifetime. Tell them that they may also see their guide or guides. Ask them to notice that those in the light look very happy to see them and are eager to welcome them “home.”
- If you feel that a soul is feeling reluctant, provide needed reassurance (e.g., those they are leaving behind will be fine, there is only love and there is no retribution).
- For psychics/mediums who are sensitive to energy, you will feel a “release” once the soul has crossed. If you are crossing more than one soul, then you may feel multiple releases. And don’t be surprised if you hear a “Thanks!” from those you have helped cross.
- When you feel the process is complete, start pulling the white light back toward you.
- Thank your guides for helping you with this process.
- Take a deep breath, open your eyes, and feel the appreciation that your guide(s) and this soul(s) are giving you for doing this service.
If you don’t feel comfortable assisting souls to the light
No one is expecting you to assist souls cross to the Light. If a soul seeks your help and you do not feel comfortable assisting them, then simply tell the soul to go away. Due to the Law of Free Will, they must abide by your wishes.
If you are concerned about a specific soul and you don’t feel comfortable helping souls cross (or if you feel they didn’t cross when you were trying to assist him or her), then you can seek the assistance of someone who is willing to do this.
If you do not know someone willing to do this, I recommend that you contact Margaret McCormick at www.MargaretMcCormick.com. She can check to see if a soul has or hasn’t crossed to the Light, and then she and her Guides can assist a soul to cross, if needed.
Blog posts and information related to mediumship
- Blog posts on mediumship:
- If you are interested in developing your ability to communicate with deceased loved ones, you may want to:
- We encourage you to explore other metaphysical topics on Dr. Anne’s blog and on her website.
- Be sure to join Anne’s Online Community to receive notification when new blog posts become available, announcements about upcoming events, and information about new online products.
- See IMPART’s Online Calendar for classes that are currently being offered.
- Visit Anne’s online Store and her FREE stuff.
Visit our Facebook page to receive Anne Reith’s daily inspirational quotes and announcements.
By Anne Reith, Ph.D.