ANNE – Make all 3 articles consistent?
ANNE – Add link in 2nd to last paragraph in Part I
In PART I of this 3-part series on Discernment, we discussed which spiritual entities you shouldn’t listen to and which you should. In PART II, we discussed how our ego can also be misleading when trying to learn how to receive spiritual guidance. In this final part or our series, I will present information that will help you differentiate between message you should listen to and which should be ignored.
What are the sources of information that we might perceive as spiritual?
There are spiritual entities around all the time that are very eager to communicate with us. However, we also need to keep in mind that is constantly processing information and creating thoughts and perceptions. This is where it gets tricky. Learning to develop your abilities involves learning how to distinguish between your ego and spiritual messages. Additionally, some of the entities that want to communicate with us are our “target group,” and some are not.
“True guidance” versus “false guidance”
A simple way of differentiating between messages that are or aren’t coming from divine sources is “true guidance” versus “false guidance”:
- True guidance (AKA: higher self, Spirit, Source, God) is gentle and loving, and it always focuses on serving, healing, and improving. It never speaks about lack, competition, or fear.
- False guidance (AKA: lower self, ego) is based on fear. In psychology, the lower self could be viewed as the “frightened inner child” or the “controlling or critical parent.” For many people, this is the part that helped him/her survive when younger. It did what was needed to survive, and it believes that if you are no longer afraid, then you will be in danger and it (i.e., the lower self) will no longer exist. Therefore, it will initially fight your attempts to connect with your higher self, which has no fear and knows only love. It believes it is fighting for its own self-preservation and believes it is there to protect you.
Characteristics of “true guidance” versus “false guidance”
Distinguishing between true guidance (i.e., higher self) and false guidance (i.e., lower self) takes practice! Each person needs to determine which cues or signs will help you discern the source of the information that he/she is receiving.
The following chart is presented as a way to start the process of differentiating between true and false guidance. However, when working with the following chart, please keep in mind that (a) the list is far from exhaustive(!) and (b) all characteristics do not need to be present before you have confirmation that message is coming from a Divine source. With time and practice, you will begin to notice is a pattern that works for you; i.e., certain characteristics will help you determine the source of the information.
ANNE – Insert table
Just to re-emphasize an important point, this list is not exhaustive. For example, one of my students found that when a message was from a Divine source, then her right thumb would twitch. When a message was from the false self, her left thumb would twitch. For another student, she would see mental flash cards in her head that said “YES” if a message was coming from Divine sources and “NO” if it was the false self. As you can see from these examples, it’s important to not limit yourself to the characteristics listed above.
Blog posts and information related to psychic protection and energy clearing
ANNE – Add Discernment PART I & II
- Psychic Protection 101: How to Feel Completely Safe Connecting with Spirit (ebook)
- Psychic protection – How to protect yourself and suggested protective actions
- Psychic protection – How to create an energetic grid for protection and empowerment
- Psychic protection – How to use energy shielding
- Psychic protection – How to cleanse yourself or your space of negative or toxic energy
- How to create a spiritual practice that’s right for you
- What is prayer and some suggested prayers for Lightworkers
- Darkness cannot exist where there is Light and advice for Lightworkers (as channeled by Dr. Anne Reith)
- Channeled message from St. Theresa about humanity’s changes (as channeled by Rev. Margaret McCormick)
- We encourage you to explore other metaphysical topics on Dr. Anne’s blog and on her website.
- Be sure to join Anne’s Online Community to receive notification when new blog posts become available, announcements about upcoming events, and information about new online products.
- See IMPART’s Online Calendar for classes that are currently being offered.
- Visit Anne’s online Store and her FREE stuff.
Visit our Facebook page to receive Anne Reith’s daily inspirational quotes and announcements.
By Anne Reith, Ph.D.